Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Siblings Together block round-up

It's been a while since I showed you any of the bee blocks that I've been making. The first bee I belong to makes quilts for the Siblings Together charity that runs holiday camps for siblings who have been separated from one another in the care system. At the end of the camps, each attendee goes home with a quilt of their own. What a great way to remember a fantastic holiday and be wrapped in warmth and comfort.

Over the last year or so, here are the blocks that I've made...

June 2015 blocks...




September 2015 hen block from Lori Holt's book Farm Girl Vintage...



October 2015 blocks...


Tutorial here

November 2015 owl blocks...



December 2015 wonky crosses...


Tutorials here and here

February 2016 hedgehogs...




March 2016 blocks...


Tutorial here


April 2016 dog gone cute block...


Tutorial here

May 2016 quarter log cabin quilt blocks...




September 2016 canvas blocks...


Tutorial here

October 2016 scrappy square blocks...



Tutorial here


I have really enjoyed being part of this bee. It encourages me to try techniques, designs, and colours that I would probably never make for myself. And I get to use a small part of my ever growing stash of fabric.

No comments: