Sunday, 15 March 2015

Jelly Around the World

I'm a member of a quilt group called the Bottom Drawer Quilters. We met in Nelson, East Lancashire on one Thursday evening and one Saturday a month. I usually don't manage to make the Thursday meetings, but I really enjoy the Saturday meetings. We have workshops, mostly run by fellow members, as well as free sewing days. Since my mum is also a member, it's great to have the chance to catch up with her regularly as well.

One of the workshops last year involved making a Trip Around the World quilt from a jelly roll. I'd been hoarding a Moda Arcadia jelly roll for a while with no clear idea of what I wanted to make. I added in a texty pale grey fabric to break up the busy-ness of the jelly roll fabrics and I am really pleased with the results.


I quilted it with a big swirly pattern on the machine, bound it with a solid orange fabric, and then persuaded Mr Q to come to the park and help with taking few photos. All of that happened a few months ago, but I've only just been able to get him to share the photos with me.






The quilt lives on the end of our bed. It looks great with the duck egg blue walls in our newly painted bedroom. We love it. The cats love it.


2 comments:

CAC1828 said...

I absolutely love this quilt! Would love to do it at a sewing day myself, do you have a pattern or a link to it (would be happy to pay for it!!)

Pretty please?!

elpetittaller said...

Oh! I love Arcadia!It looks great in your quilt! I wish I had bought more of this collection. I made my daughter's first quilt using a charm pack, I love the colours and prints of this line so much.