Monday, 12 January 2015

2015 Finish-Along Quarter 1 list

This year, I have decided to take part in the Finish-Along hosted by Adrianne from On the Windy Side.

So without further ado, here is the list of items that I'd like to complete in the first quarter of 2015. It's probably a bit ambitious, but I'll give it my best shot.

1. Mini quilt for Schnitzel and Boo swap
This is the top priority as it needs to be finished by the end of the week and on its way to its new owner. I am very happy with it so far.
FINISHED - JANUARY 2015


2. Wonky Crosses
I started this quilt on my Easter holiday in 2014. It's made up of blue, grey and orange fabrics from my stash, and the plan is to gift it to Siblings Together or Project Linus once it's finished.


Since this picture was taken, I have sewn the top together, so it just needs quilting and binding now.
FINISHED - MARCH 2015

3. Transparency
This quilt was started as a wedding gift for my husband's cousin and his wife. I chose the fabrics to coordinate with the colours she chose for bridesmaids dresses. The top, from a pattern in Quilts Made Modern by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr, went together very quickly, and I quilted it at the end of 2014. It just needs the binding, and it can be on its way to Australia as a 2nd or 3rd anniversary present.
FINISHED - MAY 2015


4. Australia / New Zealand New Wave
Another top that needs quilting and binding. I made this to go over Mr Q's knees in the winter. It has a range of Aussie and Kiwi fabrics in the top, and a message in morse code on the back! If I get it finished, I'll explain the message.




5. Lazy daisy
Finally, I'd really like to get this appliqué quilt finished. The top is done, but I've been stalling on the quilting for a while. However, I think I now have a plan.




2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

No comments: