Friday, 18 January 2013

Cushy number

Another finish to show you. This time a crocheted cushion cover that I started about 18 months ago. I had completed the front and back and then stalled at putting the whole thing together. But last night, as I sat down to watch the final two episodes of Ashes to Ashes on Netflix, I wanted my hands to be busy.

the front
The pattern for the front of the cushion is the Copenhagen cushion design by Yvonne Eljkenduijn. I made a total of 25 squares using Sirdar Calico yarn (a mixture of cotton and acrylic, which is a bit splitty for mindless crochet). The back is a single large granny square in the same yarn. After using single crochet to join three and a half sides, I was left with just one metre of the white. I've added 4 pearly white buttons along the bottom edge so that the inside can be removed whenever it needs a wash.

the back
It feels good to have something else ticked off the list.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I've just had a look at the pattern - it's a lovely cushion! I didn't know that there had been a follow-up series on TV, I don't think we've had it here.