It was about this time that I decided that it would make the perfect wedding quilt for Mr Q and I. It was pieced, pressed and ready to quilt when Mr Q told me that he didn't like it very much. As you can imagine, I was pretty upset by this news, because you can't really have a wedding quilt that one half of the marriage doesn't like very much. And so the quilt top was put away, languishing in a box waiting for Mr Q to have a change of heart.
I'm not sure that the change of heart has happened just yet, but earlier this year, Mr Q suggested that I start finishing some of my unfinished projects. He thought it would be a good idea if I quilted some of the tops that have been cluttering up my sewing room for some time. And so I dug out the quilt and started thinking about how I could quilt it. I spent lots of time in meetings at work doodling possible quilting designs. In my mind, such a traditional quilt needed a traditional quilting design like feathers, and all my design ideas were pretty feather heavy. I kept putting off the quilting, nervous that I couldn't do my vision justice, worried that I wouldn't be able to pull off feathers in each of the 2-inch half square triangles. And then, last week, I just bit the bullet and went for it.
I am so pleased with how this is turning out so far. It is nerve wracking and time consuming, but I am confident that this labour of love will be worth it.