Sunday, 15 April 2012

Merrily we quilt along

Earlier in the year, I told you about a couple of quiltalongs that I was taking part in. Since I haven't mentioned those quilts in a little while, I thought a quick progress report might be in order.

First up, the "Made in Cherry" quilt. When I last showed you this, I had just completed piecing the top. That top is now gracing the quilt frame, and I have started quilting it with Patricia Ritter's Whole Lotta Love pantograph. I love how the quilting looks on the linen background.


Secondly, the "Swoon" quilt. You should see some of the Swoon quilts in the Flickr group - they are absolutely stunning. I was persuaded to take part in this quilt along by my good friend Ruth. On Friday, we spent the day together sewing. She was working on her Swoon blocks, while I was cutting sashing strips and putting my top together. Here is the result of my industrious afternoon...


No comments: