Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Fore!

Or perhaps that should be Four! That's right - I am managing to keep up with my target of finishing 12 quilts in 12 months. Number four is complete and we're not even halfway through April. Woohoo!


I started this quilt a long, long time ago. It was a sample for a class I taught at a quilt shop, based on Ricky Tims' Convergence Quilts. I finished the top in an afternoon, but then it sat unquilted for nine years! I just couldn't decide what to do - embellish it with appliqué? with sparkly threads? with beads? - I just couldn't decide.


In the end, I used a thickish Sulky cotton thread is variegated shades of blue and green that I had on hand. The quilt top had always looked like light filtering through water to me, and I finally decided on the Oodles of Doodles pantograph by Patricia Ritter which reminds me of diving among kelp forests.

And as always, as soon as it was finished, it was requisitioned by Bonnie (aka The Barnacle). Here she is trying to catch fish on one of the prints!



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Sara said...

Beautiful quilting and the shades of blue are fantastic:)