Sunday, 18 March 2012

Three out of three!

That's three quilts finished in three months. I'm back on schedule with my challenge to finish 12 quilts by the end of the year. The latest finish is this New Wave quilt made using this tutorial by Elizabeth Hartman on her blog, Oh, Fransson!

the front
the back
I spent several fruitful lunch hours stalking Aberkhan Fabrics for suitable fabrics. All but two fat quarters came from the "by weight" baskets, making this quite a bargain!

I've really enjoyed quilting this with informal feathers running up the patterned portions of the quilt top.



It looks kind of cool from the back as well.



I finished hand sewing the binding on the train to work on Friday morning. The lady sitting opposite me made my day by admiring my colour choices and my quilting. I am so pleased with how this quilt turned out. I hope my friend and her little girl like it as much as I do.

Also this week, I've been making progress with my Swoon quilt. I've cut all the fabric for my final three blocks.


And pieced blocks 4...


and 5...


I'm looking forward to finishing the sixth block and putting this baby together.

Linking up with...


2 comments:

Very Berry Handmade said...

Beautiful! Love the swoon block too.

Mary said...

I love your New Wave quilt! Thanks for the link too. Beautiful quilting!