Monday, 2 January 2012

Wooden!

It's five years ago today since Mr Q and I walked up this aisle at the Merewood Hotel on Lake Windermere,


said "I do!"


and signed the register.


That makes today our wooden wedding anniversary.

Our wedding day was wonderful, surrounded by our family and friends. I walked up the aisle with my mum, to Etta James' "At Last", and Mr Q and I exited the room to Willie Nelson's "Bring Me Sunshine".

Mr Q has the glasses, so I guess that makes him Eric, and me Ernie!
It was a handmade affair. I made my wedding dress and (with the help of my mother-in-law) the bridesmaids dresses.



My sister-in-law sorted out my hair, and one of my friends did my make-up because I was terrified that if I did my own I would look like a clown!


My auntie made the most delicious chocolate wedding cake that the world has ever known and we used some of my late father's paintings of the Lake District on the wedding breakfast menus.


And our friends took the photos. This is our favourite...



Thank you, Mr Q, for being you and for loving me. Here's to many more years together.



2 comments:

Maureen said...

Ooooh - a wooden anniversary!! - did Mr Q give you a Pop-a-Bobbin shuttle perhaps? - or a David Reed Smith?
Congratulations on the first five years - now on to the next!

H J Hess said...

Much happiness to both of you, not only today but for all the years to come!
.