Monday, 19 December 2011

Elevenses

It's a year ago today since Mr Q and I braved unbelievably icy conditions and an uncomfortably early morning to get to the airport on our way to my first ever Christmas in the southern hemisphere. It was a great trip and I really enjoyed spending Christmas with my Australian family. It was Mr Q's first Christmas at home in 10 years, and he enjoyed catching up with family and friends, and being warm in December.

I particularly liked my mother-in-law's routine of stopping for "morning tea". Whether we were having a lazy day or preparing Christmas lunch for 14, we would stop for tea and something sweet and delicious. So, in tribute to my mother-in-law, today I stopped for "elevenses" (the British version of morning tea). Jasmin tea in my new mug (from Illustrated Living) and homemade Victoria sandwich cake.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Sounds lovely. I think we should all stop and take a break every once in a while.