Monday, 7 November 2011

Grey days

We have had some beautiful crisp autumn days over the last few weeks. But there have also been some very grey days too, reminding me that winter is well on its way. This is the perfect time of year for knitting, and I seem to have been inspired by the grey skies in my choice of yarns.

First off the needles is this cowl for my sister. She is a fan of all things ultralight, and I thought I would make her a warm but featherweight item. The yarn is Debbie Bliss' Angel, and the pattern is Abby by Amy Singer on Knitty. The whole cowl weighs less than an once but it packs a very cosy punch. This was my second lace project, and my second time working with circular needles. I hope Kath likes it.



Now that the circular needle is free, I have cast on the Trilobite hat by Hannah Ingalls, also on Knitty. This hat is for me - the perfect field attire for a palaeontologist. I have completed the cephalon and am now working my way along the thorax. I took a photo of Mr Q modelling the half-finished hat, but he has pleaded with me not to show it. You'll just have to wait to see the completed hat in a few days time.

No comments: