Saturday, 5 November 2011

Autumn days

Last weekend Mr Q and I ventured south to Gloucestershire, the county of my birth. It seemed appropriate as it was the closest weekend to my birthday. As a kid, one of my greatest birthday treats was a walk through the glorious autumn colours at the Westonbirt Arboretum followed by lunch at a nearby hotel. I thought that after 20 years away, I might be allowed to relive my childhood memories. I was worried that it might not be as spectacular as I remember, but in fact it was better. The colours of the leaves were truly breathtaking...










3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh so GORGEOUS!

Sally Kerson said...

Breath taking photographs, love that part of the country, I was born in Warwickshire. Now living on the edge of the New Forest there are some spectacular sights, but somehow I can't see them beating yours!

umintsuru said...

Oh such beautiful colours of autumn.