Monday, 17 October 2011

Friends reunited

This week has not seen much creative activity. The reason? My good friend, Amy, has been visiting from Oregon where we met as grad students at the Oregon Institute of Marine Biology.

It's been a brilliant few days, and we've had eight whole years to catch up on. There's been a lot of talking, gossiping, laughing and silly accents. Some sightseeing, hiking and shopping. And a little crying too. She's gone now, and I miss her terribly, but it won't be eight years until I see her again.

Highlights of the week include a hike around Malham, taking in Janet's Foss, Gordale Scar and Malham Cove...





...cultural treasures like the Walker Gallery in Liverpool, Lancaster Castle and Speke Hall...





...and Bottom Drawer Quilters' biennial exhibition where we caught up with my Mum and saw some beautiful quilts.


Great week. Do I have to go back to work?

No comments: