Monday, 24 January 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of tat...

I'm back to tatting snowflakes - there are so many patterns available and I love their elegance and simplicity. This one is the Circle of Crowns snowflake from Jon Yusoff's Tatted Snowflake Collection, tatted in size 20 Lisbeth thread. I love all the designs in this book, and plan to complete them all over the coming months.

In other tatting news, I have just received two parcels from Australia full of tatting goodies discovered on eBay. The first parcel contained these two vintage tatting booklets - one from Australia and the other originally from New Zealand. There are some pretty designs which I think could be updated to make chokers and bracelets. The second parcel contained this gorgeous acetate tatting shuttle. Aren't the colours cheerful? I think I'll load this up with thread later on tonight and start tatting a little something.