Sunday, 7 November 2010

Something to show at last

I've finally finished a piece of tatting! It's been a while since I've picked up the shuttles and when I did, this fella was still attached, looking a little forlorn and crumpled. It is the "Eleventh day of December" snowflake from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting by Lene Bjorn tatted in size 20 Lisbeth thread. I plan to make more from this book over the next couple of weeks, although they will not be in order - I'm going to get Mr Q to choose his favourites instead. The only problem is, he has a knack for picking out the trickiest designs.

Along with getting on with some tatting, I've been restocking my etsy shop with some old favourites and some new designs. This psychedelic cushion cover might be made from my favourite fabric of all time! I'm almost tempted to redecorate my whole house so that this cover would look at home! Talking of redecorating, Mr Q and I have booked a date for our new fireplace to be fitted in the living room. I'll show you some before and after photos as soon as it's done.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Tatting...Hmmm..yet another addiction the I refuse to add to my repetoir

Mr Q said...

Like the cushion Mrs Q! X x x x

Tatskool said...

Lovely job.