Saturday, 20 November 2010

Please be seated

My sister and I have a number of things in common..... We both have dark hair, enjoy the outdoors, and share the same parents. We also both like handmade items, along with secondhand and vintage homewares. When we spend time together, we like nothing better than scoping out junk shops, markets and craft fairs. A couple of years ago, my sister unearthed a pair of IKEA arm chairs for a bargain price at a charity shop. The frames were sound but the bottle green covers had seen better days. This week I finally completed the new seat covers that I had been promising her. Here is the first one newly installed.

Also this week, I learnt a new tatting skill - the self-closing mock ring - and used it to complete the floret snowflake from Jon Yusoff's Tatted Snowflakes Collection. I love this pretty little snowflake, and a self-closing mock ring is so much easier to make than to say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you!

Mr Q