Thursday, 29 July 2010

Just my point of view

All the fossil work has been done and I've spent the last few days driving from Adelaide to Melbourne. I knew it was a long way - but it really is a LONG WAY. We stayed overnight in Mount Gambier and then in Lorne, stopping off at a couple of quilt shops and scenic spots along the way. After battling the wind, the rain and numerous tourists, I managed to get quite a few pictures of places along the Great Ocean Road, including the twelve apostles (some of which are shown in the photo). It really is a beautiful part of the world. In Lorne, we ate very well at The Maple Tree and Moon's Espresso Bar and visited Erskine Falls. Just two more days until we board the plane for our long flight back to the UK. I'm not looking forward to the flight but I can't wait to see Mr Q and my two cute kitties again.

3 comments:

Tatskool said...

Super. Just get him to come out to join you!

Maureen said...

It's one of the iconic long drives, the Great Ocean Road - I haven't been there yet, because it's a l-o--ong way from Queensland! Not sure how many of the apostles are left, they keep falling over!

Quiltification said...

We'll both (Mr Q and I) be back in Australia at Christmas visiting his family. He's from Queensland and has never driven the Great Ocean Road either. Maureen - you should definitely go if you get the chance - it is truly spectacular.