Tuesday, 25 May 2010

New Wave Quilt


A few months ago, I discovered Elizabeth Hartman's blog Oh, Fransson! Among her many beautiful quilts and tutorials, I found the fantastic New Wave quilt pattern. With friends expecting a new baby I adapted the pattern for a smaller size and set to work with Heather Bailey's Fresh Cut fabrics. I thought I had plenty of time but Amber was born very early. I finished the quilt at the weekend and it will shortly be on its way to its new home - delivered before Amber was due to make her appearance in the world. I really hope she and her parents will like it.

The front

The back

A close-up of the quilting

3 comments:

Gina said...

Lovely quilt! It will be treasured.

Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fox said...

Your quilting is beautiful!
Fox : )