Friday, 7 May 2010

Can you spare a minute?

Monday was a public holiday and Mr Q and I (together with my visiting sister) took the opportunity of visiting a National Trust property - Erddig in North Wales. It was very busy but very enjoyable. I particularly liked some over-the-top Chinese wallpaper in the one of the bedrooms and I think my sister's favourite bit was lunch in the restaurant! The gardens were beautiful too. They included the most perfect apple blossom on some of the oldest apple trees I've ever seen.

2 comments:

Tatskool said...

Sounds interesting, never been there or heard of it. Where is it exactly?

Love the apple blossom but then I would! I HAVE TO DYE MORE!!(sorry..memo to self).

Quiltification said...

Hi Tatskool
Erddig is near Wrexham. Tucked away in the middle of the countryside. The views are lovely - one side of the house looks out over the formal manicured gardens, and the other over a valley and farmland. Very nice tearoom, too!