Monday, 5 April 2010

The heart of the matter

I finally retrieved a tatting shuttle from the bottom of my workbasket and completed the Queen of Hearts motif from Mary Konior's Tatting with Visual Patterns. We've been to several weddings over the last few months and I'm all out of heart motifs to attach to wedding congratulations cards. It's my first motif for my second 25 motif challenge.

Also on the finishing front, here's the shrug I've been working on since January. The yarn is Noro Iro and the pattern comes from Jenny Watson's Designer Mini Knits. I fell in love with the pattern but then couldn't find a stockist for this particular yarn here in the UK. Kaleidoscope Yarns in Vermont came to my rescue with an unmissable offer at the end of last year - 20% off that more than paid for the postage. Here I am posing in my new shrug before heading out to dinner at my mum's house. How do you like our original 60s? / 70s? wallpaper?!

3 comments:

Fox said...

Wallpaper's great! So's the lovely heart and shrug!
Fox : )

Tatskool said...

Your wallpaper is Wonderful, very 'in' I would think...nearly as nice as your shrug...and your heart!

Quiltification said...

Isn't it amazing how fashions come and go? This wallpaper was chosen by the previous owners of the house at least 40 years ago, but everyone comments on how "now" it looks, although it's a bit shabby around the edges.