Saturday, 20 February 2010

The promise of spring

I'm afraid I've been neglecting my blog for the last few months. It's been a busy time, mostly extricating myself from under a very large pile of marking. Finally the marks are in, the students have (mostly) passed and I have a little more time. In celebration, I taught myself to crochet last weekend. And here are the results of my labour - 3 flowers made in a soft and cuddly bamboo/wool mix yarn.
I'm thrilled with how they turned out, and if I can keep churning them out, I plan to make a scarf out of them for my niece's birthday.

3 comments:

Mr B said...

Very nice!

Gina said...

Congratulations on everything! Finally having some free time, learning to crochet, and not the least by any means, having your quilt published!

TypsTatting said...

You did a wonderful job and they look nice as well.