Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Roses are red...


Roses are red... or pink or yellow or almost any colour you can think of. I love roses, though I am not overly successful at keeping them alive. This one is red and pink and yellow - a little like the Joseph's Coat variety of rose. The pattern is "Wild Rose" from Mary Konior's A Pattern Book of Tatting and it is tatted, appropriately enough, using Yarnplayer's size 20 "Roses" colourway. It should last longer than the ones in my garden.

With that, I have completed 25 motifs in the 25 motif challenge but I'm not ready to hang up my shuttles just yet.

3 comments:

Isdihara said...

Congratulations on reaching your 25th motif! The wild rose is stunning in that lovely HDT.

Will violets be next? ;-)

Krystle said...

I lOVE LOVE LOVE that color. I have some and I'm afraid to use it up lol....

Quiltification said...

Thank you for your comments. One of the revelations of the past year has definitely been hand dyed thread. Lovely on the skein and even better when you start to use it!