Saturday, 3 October 2009

Twinkle twinkle little star

Close to my place of work are a couple of fabulous shops - one sells upholstery fabrics at an outrageously good price whilst the other stocks all sorts of creative goodness - fabric by the kilo, threads, haberdashery, yarn, scrapbooking supplies... Since the majority of my colleagues are male I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be interrupted if I slope off to browse during my lunch break.
A couple of weeks ago, I came across a box of Anchor Liana Metallic - a size 10 mercer cotton with a glitzy silver metallic threaded through it. At £2.99 for four 50g balls, it would have been a crime to leave it on the shelf. Here is my first piece of tatting made using this thread - it is the Ribbon Snowflake from Tatted Snowflakes by Vida Sunderman, and it's number 22 in my 25 motif challenge. I'll definitely be making a few more snowflakes with this thread - I like the subtle sparkle and it only takes a little more care than tatting with a standard mercer thread.

2 comments:

❦TattingChic said...

Very pretty snowflake! It's so cute! ☺

Quiltification said...

Thank you, tatting chic - I'm enjoying experimenting with some new threads.