Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Outside the box

Today's post concerns not tatting, not sewing, not even quilting, but knitting. You may or may not know that I am the world's slowest knitter. Well, I assume I am since I have never met a slower knitter although I've never had an official knitting speed test. Anyway, despite the speed issue, I am always tempted by pretty yarn, and have several unfinished knitting projects lurking in dark corners of the house. Today I discovered this Rico Design Pompon Print yarn in a range of delicious variegated colours. Each 200g ball knits can be knitted up into a 2m long scarf. I can't get over how quickly it grows - I am already a third of the way through the ball and am planning who to make scarves for this Christmas.

3 comments:

❦TattingChic said...

That is turning out so pretty! I Love knitting with novelty yarns! It's so much fun and they turn out so cool looking! I like the little squares the pattern makes.

Quiltification said...

It's cool, isn't it. The scarf is just 12 stitches across worked in garter stitch. It feels so soft.

Inyangacat said...

Hi - I just bought some of this and despite being a knitter for nearly 30 years, I can't get it to cast on!

I don't what I'm doing wrong. Did you have any trouble getting started?