Saturday, 10 October 2009

Beady eyed

This is the Frosty Snowflake from Vida Sunderman's Tatted Snowflakes. It's tatted in size 10 Anchor mercer crochet cotton with slightly opalescent aqua seed beads. It is number 23 in my 25 motif challenge and my second attempt at using beads in my tatting. I'm not sure why I've been so reluctant to use beads - the hardest part was threading the 100 or so beads onto the thread. I see more beads in my future...

Wednesday saw me knitting on the train on my way to and back from a meeting in London. I've now completed the scarf in Rico Pompon Print yarn. Barely off the needles, it was hijacked by Mr Quiltification who is modelling it in this sneaky photo I managed to grab. I think I've been commissioned to make him one of his own in more manly colours. First though, I'm planning to make some progress on a cardigan I started last year.

2 comments:

sewmuchfun4 said...

That is a LOVELY snowflake! The beads compliment the pattern perfectly - I really like the different colors coming off of them!

Nice scarf! I don't knit but think it looks fun, especially a project like that.

Ann

❦TattingChic said...

Your snowflake looks very nice! Nice and frosty! The beads look very cool on it...and I mean that in both meanings of the word "cool"! Yes, so I guess that means "pun intended".