Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Snow is falling...

The weather has definitely turned colder over the past few days. There's been wind, and rain, and misty mornings; all sure signs that autumn is on its way. Thankfully, there has been no real snow - just this one flake of the tatted variety. This is one motif of Mary Konior's "Flower Patch" from Tatting with Visual Patterns, made from my first outing with Lisbeth thread. I really like the stitch definition this thread gives, plus the firm body and slight sheen.

I've been a bit remiss on the crafty front over recent weeks. Hopefully, with the evenings drawing in I'll be able to spend a bit more time creating. With any luck, I should be able to get plenty done this weekend too - Mr Q will be at a conference so I shall have "home rule" for 48 hours!

3 comments:

Sally Kerson said...

Hello Charlotte, just found you!
I'm also a tatter living in England. Have had a quick trip through your blog and seen some lovely work. All the best Sally (tat's heaven)

Quiltification said...

Hi Sally. Thank you for your kind comments. I love how the internet has introduced me to so many talented tatters, at home and abroad. I've still yet to meet a tatter in person, though.

❦TattingChic said...

Oh, this is so very pretty, too! Love it! I love looking at pictures of tatting! It makes my heart sing! ♥♩♪♫♯♩♭♬♬♩♪