Tuesday, 1 September 2009

The heart of the matter

Here is my motif number 19 in the 25 motif challenge. It is Jon Yusoff's Heart o' Daisies tatted in size 16 Ancora Prestige thread. My plan is to stitch it to some linen fabric and mount it in a frame as a wedding gift for a friend who got married last month. It took some concentration to complete all the split rings and make sure all the stitches were facing in the same direction, but I am so pleased with how it turned out.

I was tatting this while waiting for an optician's appointment on Saturday. Mr Quiltification was choosing some new glasses, and I was waiting for an eye test. The good news is that my eyesight is still better than 20/20 - the sad news is that I will have to wait until I can get the winged spectacles that will make me look intelligently frightening or frighteningly intelligent! It's a small price to pay for good vision, I suppose! Mr Q has chosen some very flash new glasses - I'll have to smarten up my act if I want to be seen out with him.

4 comments:

Krystle said...

Looks very nice! And I say you should get some winged sunglasses....

Quiltification said...

Thank you and great idea - I think winged sunnies are the way to go!

Fox said...

Nicely done!

victoria said...

Es ptrecisos amiga,tienes mucha creatividad y color en tu blog,gracias amiga por compartir besos Victoria,desde EspaƱa besos