Thursday, 28 May 2009

Please take a seat

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I had my eye on a wardrobe on eBay. Sadly we missed out, but there was a silver lining. Whilst trawling through the antique furniture listings I came across a chair that was just begging to be bought. It's a Morris style arts and crafts arm chair. And it is truly fabulous. I have coveted one of these for quite a while, thought about trying to import one from the States (where apparently many of the British ones have ended up over the years) and even considered taking up carpentry so that I could construct my own! Imagine my delight to find an affordable one on eBay with the seller only 20 miles away from me. Needless to say I placed a bid, and happily I am now the proud owner of a truly gorgeous armchair. Over the coming weeks, I will be getting seat and back cushions made for it. In the meantime, it's a little on the hard side!

No comments: