Saturday, 30 May 2009

Broken hearted

Today as I watched the FA Cup Final (the very last match of the English football season), I finished tatting this heart with my broken shuttle. I had to make sure not to stab myself, but I completed Georgia Seitz's Basic Split Ring Heart without further mishap. The thread is size 16 Ancora Prestige and it is my motif number 16 in the 25 motif challenge. No more tatting for me today - I have a stack of exam scripts to mark. On the other hand, maybe I could reward myself with tatting therapy each time I complete 5 scripts - mark 5, tat a little, mark 5 more, tat a little more... By the way, Chelsea beat Everton 2-1 :-(

6 comments:

TattingChic said...

The heart is pretty!

Gina said...

The heart is tatted perfectly, even if it was done with a broken shuttle!

Susanne said...

It looks lovely. Noone would guess it was done with a broken shuttle.

***Jon**** said...

Broken or not, it still got the job done. The heart is pretty.

BTW, I was rooting for Liverpool all through the season, :-(

Quiltification said...

Thanks for your lovely comments. I've only recently learnt about split rings so I'm very happy with how this turned out.

Jon - my husband is a lifelong Liverpool fan so we've been holding our breath this season and hoping they could beat Man U. There's always next season.

Fox said...

Wow! Perfectly done and with a broken shuttle! Just found your site. Love your tatting! Fox : )