Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Transferable skills

It's been a while since my last post but I haven't been idle. I've discovered that it's possible to have more than one project on the go at any one time. This is a concept that I've been at ease with in my quilting pursuits for some time, but have only very recently applied to my tatting. What I'm trying to say is that I have started a few things and have finished none of them. That is, until today, when I completed the last double stitch of this "Cobweb Doily" from Rita Weiss' Tatted Doilies and Edgings. It's tatted in Ancora Prestige size 16 thread and measures about 5 inches (13 cm) across. That makes 11 in my 25 motif challenge - almost half way.Another reason for the prolonged silence is that I have been working on some quilting (also as yet unfinished). I've almost finished quilting a top for my Mum which I'm hoping to finally complete by Mothering Sunday next week. Plus, I've been playing around with a small quilt sample made of hand-dyed fabrics that I started in a workshop with Barbara Weeks last week.

1 comment:

TattingChic said...

Lovely work. I think I've done this doily myself a long time ago! :)