Sunday, 15 March 2009

Mango mango

Here's my first attempt at tatting with fine thread. It's YLI cotton machine quilting thread in the mango colourway sent to me by Stacey Houston from Washington state. What pretty colours! The motif is a variation on the Patchwork design in Mary Konior's "Tatting with Visual Patterns" that I have borrowed from the local library. I say "variation" but we all know that I mean that I made some mistakes! Still, since the whole thing only measures about 3.5 cm across, it's hard to see the errors.

4 comments:

TattingChic said...

Not only is that a beautiful pattern (that is one of my most favorite tatting books of all time), but that thread is absolutely beatiful! It's nice to know we can get some gorgeous colorways from the less expensive storebought thread as well as the high priced HDT's!

Quiltification said...

Thank you! I think it will turn into one of my favourite tatting books too. I can see it being renewed a lot of times from the local library before I crumble and buy myself a copy!

Gina said...

Whatever the variation, I love this motif and I love the thread!

***Jon**** said...

Your 'variation' turns out very pretty. The thread is lovely too.