Sunday, 15 March 2009

Thread exchange

I recently took part in my very first tatting thread exchange. I sent thread to all 4 corners of the globe (ok - Wales, Canada and the USA) and different threads miraculously appeared through my letterbox from the above mentioned 4 corners. Here are all the threads that I received - nearly all of them are types that I haven't tried before. The most surprising thing for me is that many of them are very fine. I never realised that many folks routinely use such fine threads for tatting. My usual tatting threads looks like rope in comparison to most of these so it'll be interesting to see how I cope. If I enjoy the fine threads, it will suddenly open up new and unexpected ways of using my machine quilting threads. What a great way to try new threads without much expense.

1 comment:

TattingChic said...

Oh, how fun! Enjoy tatting with your new threads! :)