Monday, 9 February 2009

Spread a little love

As Valentine's Day is fast approaching I thought I'd try tatting a heart. This is Betsy Evans' Small Tatted Heart that I found on the web.

It's tatted in the bargain Ancora Prestige that I bought last week. The thread is size 16, and the finished heart measures about 2.5 inches (8 cm) across. The thread is very crisp and fairly smooth (but not wiry) making it a pleasure to work with. I like how defined each picot looks. I definitely got high quality thread at a bargain basement price.

2 comments:

TattingChic said...

Lovely work on a beautiful pattern! The red heart looks very cheery and "valentine-y"! :)

Shay said...

I had forgotten about this little heart, I'll have to add it to my list...thanks for reminding me.

I have to tell you, when I was eleven years old I wanted to be a paleontologist when I grew up.

And a cowgirl ;-)