Saturday, 7 February 2009

Motifs 6 and 7

I took a break from tatting snowflakes to tat this cross bookmark - number 6 in my 25 motif challenge. It is the "Mark my Words" pattern from Mary Konior's A Pattern Book of Tatting. I remember tatting this design a long time ago for my Dad, and when I looked inside the book cover it shows that I bought the book as a teenager back in 1989. This time I've tatted it for my next door neighbour, who is one of the kindest and loveliest people in the world. As an example, the day we moved in she brought us homemade cakes! I just wanted to let her know how much I appreciate what she does for us. It's tatted in Altin Basak 50 thread in colour 3052.

Since there's been no real snow in the northwest of England for a few days, I thought it would be safe to tat another snowflake. Here's number 7 for the challenge - it's the Beginner's Round Robin design from Georgia Seitz's Online Tatting Class website. It includes my first ever split ring (other than some practise ones last weekend).

1 comment:

TattingChic said...

Lovely Cross! You're so lucky to have that book by Mary Konior! That center motif looks like the start of the "Rose Rogers Doily" It's a lovely motif.