Sunday, 1 February 2009

From the sublime to the ridiculous!

Yesterday's post brought an unassuming little envelope from Wisconsin, USA. I opened it to discover the most beautiful hand dyed threads from yarnplayer that I had ordered just 3 days before. I can't believe how quickly they got here or how gorgeous the shades of blue of the "Morning Glory" colourway are. I thought the blue would look good with all the snowflakes I am currently tatting.

A trip to one of my favourite fabric stores on Friday lunchtime (yes, I am lucky enough to work very close to a couple of excellent fabric / craft stores) brought another surprise - these boxes of four 50 gram balls of Ancora Prestige thread for £2.99 each. Each box, not each ball. I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure how I'll use all that thread but I find it hard to resist a bargain. I'm sure I'll think of something!

I haven't had a lot of time for tatting this weekend. I've been sewing a few new cushion covers for my etsy shop along with a couple of zipper pouches that I plan to add this week. And there's the small matter of getting organised for the week at work. I have quite a bit of lecturing this week, plus some projects still to mark and an open day for prospective students on Wednesday. It's going to be a busy week.

3 comments:

TattingChic said...

Enjoy Yarnplayer's HDT. Think of all the wonderful Valentine goodies you can tat with that luscious red thread! YUM!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian - Diane said...

I'm sure you will love Yarnplayer's thread! Marilee is a sweet and talented lady.

I've never heard of Ancora Prestige. I hope you post about it once you've tried it.

Quiltification said...

Valentine hearts sound like a good way of trying the Ancora Prestige - I'll post to let you know how the thread tats.